Re: [RC] Alfalfa/behavior - RBluebirdpr

In a message dated 1/20/2005 8:48:42 AM Eastern Standard Time, sjones@xxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
The next day this gelding had turned into a different horse.  He was *very*
aggressive.  He ran across the pasture and charged back at me and reared.
He had no attention span and was bucking -- really!  Head down with all four
feet off the ground.
I sold a very gentle TWH to my sister-in-law.  She rode the horse for two weeks and loved him. A month later she was complaining about him being hard to handle and ride to the point she was afraid of him and had put him on the market to sell.   I started asking her questions on what she had been feeding him.  She was feeding him a half a bale of 70% alfalfa a day.  He was a complete nut case.  Took him off the alfalfa and he has calmed down a lot but is not the horse he was when I sold him.  It's only been about a month of timothy so hopefully he will get back to normal.

Phil