Re: [RC] the good and bad of alfalfa? - Cynthia Eyler

Yes, this is what I *meant* to say:

Check out Susan Garlinghouse's website, particularly the article about alfalfa.  http://www.shady-acres.com/susan/index.shtml  Keep in mind, though, that this was written before recent research results showed that alfalfa neutralizes the acid (related to performance, exertion, excitement, etc.) in a horse's stomach for 3-4 hours.  So, some alfalfa is good, but a lot is not good.  It should never be a major component of the endurance horse's forage ration.

Geez, I hope I've gotten it right this time.

Cindy