Fwd: Re: [RC] TWH/lope/gallop - Mary Sutliff

--- Begin Message ---
My husband's first horse was an unregistered Arab mare named Stormy.
Gene was new to riding and had already declined to purchase a very nice
push button QH-said she was boring.  Well, we had already looked at
Stormy and decided she was too much horse for a beginner but ended up
buying her.  She was far from boring and she loved to run.  Gene took
lessons on her but he still had the wants to run problem so his
instructor suggested taking her into the hay field and letting her run
until she got tired and then let her calmly walk home.  I think the idea
was for her to learn it was ok to walk.   Round and round that hay field
she went.  Once in awhile she'd slow to a fast trot but quickly regained
her desire to run.  This went on for four hours until finally she got
bored and they walked home.  Didn't teach her a thing.  She was 13 when
we got her.  She went blind at 22 and we had to put her down.  She's
probably still running in horse heaven.  Gene loved that mare and did a
few 50's on her.  She taught him how to ride and he has a great balanced
seat.   Wish we'd have gotten her younger.  Other that always wanting to
run she was a great mare.

--- End Message ---