Re: [RC] [RC] Odd gait on my new horse.. - Allegra C

When the U.S. cavalry wanted to cover large amounts of ground with the least amount of wear to their horses in the shortest amount of time they would do a cavalry trot.

   When a horse does a cavalry trot, the horse is trotting so fast that posting becomes difficult due to the speed of the trot. (Quick try doing squats as fast as you can.) So the soldiers would ride the horses in a two point or standing position.

   So basicly, a cavalry trot is just a very fast trot.

- Allegra

Laney Humphrey <laneyhh@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I can't help figure that out but I'm curious to know what you mean by a
"cavalry trot." that's a term I haven't heard before.
Thanks,
laney