[RC] 100 Mile One Day Rides - DVeritas

In a message dated 7/22/2005 10:40:37 A.M. Mountain Daylight Time, bigcreekranch@xxxxxxxxxx writes:
your last sentence reflects what Truman was just saying.
Truman and I are both saying that by the time all the people who "plan to do
a 100" get around to it, there may not be any folks who are willing to
manage them.
I remember my first hundred...I went to a ride with a fit horse and planned to be at the ridecamp until the hundred was over.  I planned on riding a fifty.

My horse was fit enough, I was fit enough and I knew enough to ride with an experienced hundred-miler, so WHAT THE HECK, I went ahead and rode the 100.

I believe the toughest miles to ride on a hundred are the first twenty-five, after that, it's just riding a horse for a long time...well, until you're done.

Just enter and ride hundreds...they're quite gratifying.

Frank