Re: [RC] dogs in camp simple solution - Barbara McCrary

Sounds simple enough, but I could never identify who the dog owners were.  And, as a ride manager, I have enough to do without hunting down dog owners.  For us, Dogtown seems to work.  As long as people respect the rules, things seem to work.  The minute they don't follow the rules, we're back to square one and a very grumpy ride manager who becomes the "wicked witch of the west."

Barbara
----- Original Message -----
From: Paddi
Sent: Thursday, July 21, 2005 9:42 PM
Subject: [RC] dogs in camp simple solution

Simple solution
Anyone with a dog running free is disqualified and asked to leave. I made it clear that anyone or animal attending the ride was the responsibilty of the rider they came with. Riders would be pulled off trail if there was a problem in camp with their guests or pets.
Worked at my last ride I managed
Put it in BIG bold print on the ride announcement
I also banned unsupervised kids 12 and under from all areas except their own trailer camping area.
I would rather P......off a few and have the majority happy.

Paddi