[RC] Easyboot Epics -- more photos & info - Dreamweaver

I put together a few links of photos, including a couple of new albums on the Epics and they are all linked from this page at the top:

http://members.tripod.com/ridephotos/ You'll need to click next on each photo to read the commentary, if you view it as a slideshow you will only see the photos.

I will keep adding more info and will try to get it more complete so that it will show from start to finish putting the boots on for a ride. The problem is so far I'm the only one up putting the boots on the horse and there isn't anybody to take photos :). I should be able to get those photos soon though. If anybody wants to see anything in particular, send me an email and let me know and I'll try to get it.

The boots have been continuing to work really well for us. I was a little nervous about keeping a horse barefoot and competing as many miles as I do, but it seems to be working quite well for this one particular horse at least. He is barefoot the rest of the time, and booted for the rides. We've done some experimenting and have been figuring out what works and what doesn't. So far, for every problem there has been a solution. I hope it keeps working out that way!

You can tell from some of the photos of rides (also on the above link) that it would be foolish to even try to ride a horse on any of those rides without hoof protection. I think that these Epics are providing overall better protection than a nailed on shoe does. They are thicker on the sole than the old model easyboot, and having the boot on over the hoof is great for when your horse decides to play soccer with a 10 pound ball...errr....rock on the trail! The gaiters also protect the entire back of the foot quite well. Somebody at the last ride asked me if the gaiters would help keep their horse from getting scratches -- I'm not really sure, it would depend on why the horse was getting scratches, but it might. Underneath the vetwrap you can always put some desitin or vaseline to provide lubricant so that it doesn't get dried out. I like pure aloe gel (be sure to get it without alcohol in it, as that will contribute to drying the skin out).

Karen
in NV