Re: [RC] 2-horse bumper pull - Chris - Chris Paus

thanks. I'm already happy with what I've got. Maybe someone else will benefit from this post. My trailer is an older 1978 model 2H, straight load GN... hard to find, but it good shape. I got it very reasonably priced. It has room for two to sleep and it has AC. I can keep it warm in cold weather with a little Black Cat heater. It maneuvers quite nicely compared to those big rigs! And it must provide a nice stable ride as my horses hop in and love to go places.

I had to buy a new truck anyway. The Dakota had almost 250,000 miles on it.

chris

Dawn Simas <dawnsimas67@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Sorry, can't email you privately, I read archives and don't have your addy.

If you don't want to buy a new truck too, I would highly suggest you consider a Brenderup trailer.  They are designed to be safely pulled by your size vehicle.  Consider that Europe/Asia/Aust, all have horses, but full size trucks are not common there...this is what they use.  They are about the same price as American made trailers, but if you don't have to buy a new tow vehicle, would save a ton of $$.  :)  And I can't tell you how often I've seen those 3 horse slant/LQ's struggling to maneuver in tight basecamps lately it seems, and limited entries due to the parking situations.

If you have Brenderup questions, email me at dsimas at wildaboutcats dot org.  I've owned two, two of my friends have bought them and my mom just bought one.  :)

Ms. Dawn Simas
Director - Wild About Cats
Wild Feline Conservation, Education, and Rescue

I am not afraid of storms, for I am learning how to sail my ship. Louisa May Alcott

Chris Paus
Lake Region SWA  http://lakeregionswa.fws1.com