Sent: Monday, July 18, 2005 6:40 AM
Subject: [RC] Trailer Configuration

Hi All,

What is the latest thoughts on trailering horses?
Straight load, slant load, reverse load, reverse
slant, open stock - tied, not tied.  I'm thinking that
the suspension on the trailer has as much to do
with horse comfort as anything.

Experiences, input are welcome, especially regarding
having your horse arrive at a ride in good shape and
ready to go after 300-500 miles or more, some of
which is paved, but somewhat rough road.   We're
considering a new, high quality trailer (read $$$$$)
with divided open stock sections.  However, adding
slant horse dividers is an option as well if there is a
compelling reason to do so.   Does it just depend on
the horse?  Or is there more?  Thanks in advance,

Kathy Myers
in Santa Fe, NM