From: ridecamp-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:ridecamp-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Mike & Kathy Kelly
Sent: Wednesday, July 13, 2005 6:24 AM
To: Ridecamp
Subject: [RC] Selenium

I have reason to believe my endurance horse has a Selenium deficiency (he is getting 4-5 mg total daily) and I am having blood drawn for a serum analysis this weekend.  It sounds like it will be a few weeks before I get the results back, however.

In the mean time I'd like to start supplementing with Se, my understanding is that up to 8mg daily is in the "safe" range.

What is the best form of Se (most bioavailable?  Se yeast?  or??

Thanks much,

Kathy Kelly

Parks AZ