[RC] selenium - larry Miller

Good supplements - megasel, ABC's selenium vitamin E mix, or ukele has a pretty good one. (www.ukele.com)   I have been fighting low selenium on Maggie for the past couple of years.  She won't eat megasel, too much powder in the ABC mix, so I settled on the 10 X from Ukele.  One vet told me that the shot will raise the level by 10 points.  Unfortunately, Maggie is so tense that she then gets a reaction after the shots.    So I have been feeding her between 4 - 5 scoops of the Ukele mix and have managed to raise her level some.  My vet suggests that I keep on feeding her about 4 scoops and we will check her again in a month.  Knock on wood, the mare has not had stiffness in the hind end.  Jeanie