[RC] awards - smuncy

 Other options for awards  = if, like here, and really rocky!!!!!   Collect some and paint ride name and date on them - I' ve thought about doing that for a couple of years for  the OD - but haven't yet. :-) maybe next year -we grow a bumper crop, every year  ; )
    Coolers or blankets with  ride name / ranking are always liked - I think ( jmho)
    IF have time/ ie. money,... belt buckles, also, especially if a ride that is in existence for time.......... they don't have to be silver, can be bronze or pewter. We only do silver for first timers and winners.Once mold cast can get pins for different designations. (?? Make sense??  can call me if not,   eml back and I  will give   #  )
   Buckets with ride logo/name and placing. -  top ten, etc. Can be 'big 5 gal, to little 1 gal. buckets - I like little ones for feeding, or feed tubs.
   Can order vest/jackets for about $30. -$40 with info  ( ride name ) on - Cabelos,(?sp) and other places.
    Can order large towels with ride info - I like a towel at vet checks to rub horse with and also, to put tack on. Or just cover rump.I have gotten something like this before for just participation award.
      Consider a Middle of pack award, or optimium time - we do not honor First to finish or top ten in LD here, terrain is not such to encourage "racing" . so we do optimium time award - time ridden competetively. but not 'slowly' . Average 6 mph.
    Other option, those 'nicer' emergency blankets - about 10 $ a @, use to put stuff on and cover water when set up ahead of time.
    Big buckets and lids -
    free enrty  to next years ride - (consider for raffle - better option, maybe)
    T shirts are liked my most, but, as completion, not top prizes,( keep  some and sell - for crew members.  and hats also -  and don't forget volunteers) and top prizes don't have to be that expensive//////////  can be,  but....   if can get break from distributer, for chair, etc, ok.    Offer to put up banner they send you, or advertisements they provide in ride hand outs.  Stephanie M