Re: [RC] round bales-handling tips - Chris Paus

Oh my, aesthetics don't enter my mind when I'm placing out round bales, LOL.. I look for some place dry and level... sigh.. , the dry part can be hard to find sometimes when we get our Kansas deluges!

chris

Ed Kilpatrick <whytrotfarms@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
here is another way to move round bales if you dont have a tractor and a bale fork or bale spike.  get 2 metal rods about 4 feet long and 3/4" diameter, from the hardware store.   using a hammer, drive a metal rod into each side of the round bale, right in the center, leaving about 10-12" sticking out.  get some rope, make a loop in each end, put the loops over the metal rods, tie another loop in the center of the rope so that you can attach it to the hitch on your truck, tractor, or gator.  the bale will roll right along behind you.  you might have to adjust the rope, keep it short to make

I am not afraid of storms, for I am learning how to sail my ship. Louisa May Alcott

Chris Paus
Lake Region SWA  http://lakeregionswa.fws1.com