[RC] feeding question - Alice Yovich

I've been trying to do a lot of reading on what to feed a horse who is overweight, but still needs to eat something to get some supplements down him...

I have a new horse is large. He needs something for supper when everyone else eats so that he doesn't feel deprived. He has some supplements I want him to eat. I'm not sure if I can feed him a little soaked beet pulp and that's all? or if I should feed him something low cal like horse chow 100 and still make a bit of a mash out of it? He might eat the supplements without water...not sure. I've been told the BP will make him fatter, but then others say it's almost like feeding hay. I think that he'll eat it straight or eat it with a little something added to it for flavor. My other easy keeper just eats half scoop of senior. Is that appopriate? The new horse isn't a senior, but I"ve fed it to my mare who's not a senior either...or did until I discovered ultium.

He's not in work at the moment. he's been off and will be brought back slowly.

I know there will be differing opinions, but I"d like to hear them. Thanks.