[RC] pulse criteria competitive - larry Miller

Ed, in UMECRA one loses points even if the pulse is 40.  If it is 36 and the respiration is 8 for a minute, then no points are lost.  Thus pacing as well as teaching the horse to relax at the hold is the name of the game.  Mine relaxes with me, heaven forbid, crooning to her.  There are other tricks too.  Some of those relaxing tricks I also use when riding endurance.  It works, my horse drops in 2 minutes or less at a gate into a hold.  Jeanie