[RC] Hi Tie rigging - apleg8'n

Just to follow up....

My hubby gave me a rigging for my Hi Ties to try this weekend at Pacific
Crest. The only way my brutes can escape from this is to rip the entire
fiber glass rod off my rig. The "snaps and line" are rated for 26,000 lbs of
force. I will see how it works and let you know next week. And we are now
devising a fail safe method to prevent ripping off the rods too, just in
case.

Also, I talked to the Hi Tie dealer and they told me that I have the "OLD"
style quick release. Apparently they had a lot of escapees with the quick
release snaps they started out with and changed to the barrel style release
snaps. I still don't like those as one gal emailed me that her horse can
turn them and still get away.  HI Tie did not offer to replace my OLD style
unless I wanted to pay them for a whole new bungee strap with the new style
release.

Also too, when I had my Hi Ties put on my rig,  the Exiss dealer put them on
a different way than the Hi Tie says to mount them. They are mounted with
some kind of Boat thingy (gads, is that girly girl talk or WOT?) and are
much more secure than what HI TIE gives you. They will never be pulled off
the side of my rig. By the time I get these things all dialed in, I should
market my own Hi Tie system. Sigh, never ending sheet.

amber
rackinfool
www.applegaitnendurancehorses.com