From: Sherman
Sent: Monday, June 27, 2005 6:27 PM
Subject: [RC] quick release snaps

I have one horse that frequently unsnaps his leads and unbuckles his halter. He does this by rubbing, so a regular snap or the quick release snap don't work for him, nor a nylon strap halter, as he gets them unbuckled by rubbing. He has been seen galloping down our road many times due to his habit of rubbing his head. I now use a rope halter on him, with either a bull snap or tied-on lead rope. I suspect some day he may find he can rub the rope halter off over his ears.

Kathy