[RC] Sunriver, ya betcha - Jonni

Thanks Amber. I don't like bungee ties, so I had changed out my hi-tie
bungees with cotton ropes, with a safety release snap on one end, and a bull
snap on the other. I also want the safety snap up where I can grab it, not
on the horse. I always use bull snaps on the horses end, either with lead
ropes, tie ropes, or my hi-tie ropes. The bolt snaps that you use your thumb
to pull down to open get rubbed open on buckets. Anyway, I have some photos
of what I did with my hi-tie ropes on a webshots page. I have also since,
changed the safety snaps to "snap shackles" that you get in sail boat shops.
They are very expensive, but have a little ring or pull fob that you grab to
open the snap. (I use red, as it is easy to see) I'll put a link at the
bottom of one, so you can see them. Many carriage drivers use them for
Combined driving events on their marathon harness traces, for quick release
if they have a wreck. They are also stronger than any of the normal safety
release snaps used for livestock. The twist type safety snaps on the hi-tie
bungees are just not my favorite. Again, so glad your horses were found
unharmed!

http://community.webshots.com/album/103915659QPAsAJ/1

http://www.berkeleypoint.com/products/titanium/parts/T0511-0001_a.jpg
sample photo of a sailing "snap shackle" Add a little pull cord to ring, in
red rope or webbing, to grab to open in emergency

Jonni