[RC] Disturbing training techniques - Diane

I went to a Haflinger show and saw the head of a yearling  tied up like that.  Came back later and she was still there.  No one around in the immediate area.  No water either.  I asked at the nearest stalls and was told the Amish do that for some reason that now escapes me.  I told him it was inhumane or some such thing and he got offended.  Then he goes and tells his buddy how little we know about training.   I guess it really shows where some people's priorities are.  Pretty sad what some people do to "train" their horses, huh?
Diane
MI