Re: [RC] HELP!! Eaten alive by mosquitos - Maryanne Gabbani

I recently was introduced to a gadget called a Mosquito Magnet that was developed by the army for these kinds of conditions. It's basically a machine that is attached to a propane bottle so that it gives off carbon dioxide to attract mosquitos. There is also a bait to further attract and it sucks them up into a bag inside.? A rich neighbour (better believe that they are expensive here!) has one and is really happy with it.? Apparently it will reduce the population for as much as an acre or two, but it sounds like you'd be really busy emptying bags full of mosquitos.? Being surrounded by irrigation canals, we have mosquitos all over the place in the summer, but Zoheir and Gun (Egyptian with Swedish wife) are VERY happy with this thing.

FWIW,

Maryanne
Cairo

On Jun 21, 2005, at 3:32 AM, rides2far@xxxxxxxx wrote:

?
?
>>>\Is there anything that will help keep mosquitoes from biting?
?
We forgot cigars...for the all natural crowd...and then there's those little things I've seen you can order that supposedly sound like a dragon fly which eats mosquitos and repels them. I would expect about 10 billion mosquitos to figure they could gang one dragon fly though.
?
Angie
?