[RC] Envious of '05 Tevis riders... - cowgirgoof

Well, a year has almost gone after completing Tevis on Gorgeous George (the mustang) last July. Whom ever quoted that "Tevis will change your life" was most certainly correct in that statement!

I always saw myself as a confident person, but after completing Tevis, I'd say my confidence grew tenfold...In the past year, I managed to get  a divorce that I felt was past due by several years, buy the farm from my ex, and ride my young Moyle horse with a confidence like I've never ridden before.
Not that a divorce is a positive experience, but one that I know is better for my life in the long run. We are both much happier now, and know it was the right decision.

I basically took a break from competition after Tevis though. I gave up so much of my life for nearly a year and a half preparing for it, and I just needed the break and to clean up around my place. Now I envy those riding this year and wish I could do it again.
I will someday too. I hope to get my Moyle horse Eli ready in two to three years.

If you are riding this year and want to learn from my experiences (and mistakes!), feel free to read my journals of the whole trip from Florida and the actual ride day on Teddy's website at www.runningbear.com  It's under Becky Siler's 50th Tevis journal.

Best of luck to everyone riding and I'll be thinking of you and pushing you on.
Remember...use the time sheet they give you like a bible, and ride slow but steady all day and all night. We did as much trotting all night as we had done all day.

Happy trails,
Becky Siler