[RC] The L & S Ride...Ride Manager Thanks You! - Sheila Garretson

I just wanted to extend a Big Thank You to all who attended the L & S Ride at the Zink Ranch over the weekend! As a long time rider and First time manager ....I now fully understand what happens on both sides of an endurance ride.
The preparation of a ride starts almost at the end of the same ride the year before....I could not have pulled this ride off without the help of my asst. manager, Linda Hancock ...she did all of the paperwork before and after the ride, and also told me over and over "We cannot control the weather"   I also want to thank my family, and Linda's family and all of our friends .....for coming and doing whatever we told them to do!!  A big thank-you to my trail boss, Vicky .....without her there would not be a marked trail to ride on.  Thanks to the Green Country Arabian Assoc. for the trail marking they left for us after the NATRC ride and the Zink Ranch who allowed us to ride on their beautiful property. Thank-You to my vets; Leon Self and Becky Brewer...they were the greatest!
The biggest Thank-You of course goes to The Riders!  They stayed out on trail when a huge thunderstorm with high winds, lighting and almost 3 hours of rain!  Every one of the riders remained calm and kept smiling at the vet checks....of course as endurance riders...we all forgot about the storm by afternoon and it turned into a lovely day with a nice breeze as we sat around with our comrades eating wonderful food and telling stories.
I will post the unofficial results soon.
Sheila Garretson
Ride Manager
The L & S Ride