[RC] riding in sand!!! - Reddryder63

I live in-between several sand plants and ride in them at least few times a week, mainly because its fun they change the terrain weekly, In my experience you really need to do a lot of walking to condition there tendons mussels ext, there is a higher possibility of injury or bowing a tendon ext if they are not conditioned or if your horse is not use to extreme conditions, I have never had a problem with any injuries in sand and all of are horses love the sand it wears them down in half the time so remember that, half the workout is enough to start it gives them great mussel lines, are horses do full on racing in the sand, and it is a very fine sand used for making glass, so either I am lucky, or the  horses all seven of them are very conditioned or sand is not as taboo as every one thinks it is,peole around hear act like it will swallow you up, I know one thing for sure and that is this I like my horses to be conditioned for all possibilities, my horses can do most any thing if asked to, they can run down hill! there's another one that most people would faint if asked to do, but it actually has your horse engage his real end and cowboys have done it forever, I don't do it all the time but it's no problem if I choose to do so, try walk around in the sand with your horse a little and you will surely get the idea of how to condition your horse, a lot of walking, a little trotting you could always set up a sprinkler system to dampen the sand, wet sand is half as hard to move in. well that's what I have experienced