[RC] AHA and Juniors at the National Ride - firedancefarms

Chris,
(I'm not Mollie..but :))
I can tell you this fee increase did not come from the endurance committee.  Maybe Mollie was aware of it before it passed, but I was not.  Connie?
If you read the article by the VP is this month's newsletter, she will say something to the extent of  each division must pay for part of the building expenses.  IOW they want the distance program to pay for rent, electricity, advertising, etc.  Obviously one year will pay for the plaque ($30).  And then you get a little "sticker" to put on it every 500 miles.  Well, for most endurance riders, that is at least two years, so $60 for a "sticker".
It totally amazes me that they say over and over again how they want to promote trail riding and Arabians doing things other than showing, and then they go and increase the distance and dressage fees.  If anything, it should have gone BACK to being a one time fee of $25 and maybe a fee to pay when you reach a certain mileage for your "sticker".  This excuse about the fee hasn't increased in x amount of years is the lamest reason to increase a fee ever!

Maybe Mollie has more ideas; I don't know what region she represents, and I am new to the committee, but I can tell you it sure doesn't  work like AERC committees do (which is wonderful btw).
Louise Burton, reg IX rep AHA endurance committee
(AERC RM Committee, and ED committee)
Firedance Farms Endurance Arabians
http://pages.prodigy.net/firedancefarms