[RC] rein to bit fasteners - Chris Paus

We've had some discussion in the past about scissor snaps vs other kinds of snaps for quick change reins on bridles at vet checks.

A friend of mine who is pretty clever at making tack, made an experiemental set of reins for me. These are very very cool! No scissor or any other kinds of metal snaps. The reins have a woven ring that slides up and over the end of the rein on the bit to hold it tight. Just slide it down to get the rein off and put it on a halter. It's as quick as a snap, but can't break like one and looks nicer!

Here's a link to some photos I took of the reins.

I'm trying to get her to put her stuff on endurance.net. She makes some amazing tack!

chris

Kansas State Motto: Ad Astra Per Aspera.. to the stars through difficult....

BayRab Acres
Paola KS
913-731-5947
http://pages.prodigy.net/paus