Re: [RC] [RC] (not) Dumb TWH question/suggestion - Soli Sorokin

I am still a beginner at learning about the "smooth gaits" but one
thing I do know after fifteen years of Arabs is a trot! And, make no
mistake, I have a TWH mare that can trot - and pace (and running walk
and rack). I am much less familiar with the pace, but it's pretty
identifiable once you've rode it a time or three...and it's pretty
easy to spot when you are on the ground.

A couple other riders have mentioned that their gaited horses trot as
well. I could see that an inexperienced rider might mistake a pace for
a trot, but I don't think anyone that has significant experience with
non gaited horses could make that mistake.

But then, sure as heck when I get positive about "not making a
mistake" one will come and bite me on the tail ;)

~S