[RC] Hard Guy - Special Horses - Ridecamp Guest

Please Reply to: Allison DKitchin@xxxxxxxxx or ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

We have a trail like that here that I try to ride once a week.  The outer loop
is ~16 miles (half down, half up) the inner loop is about 10 miles and the same
topograpy.  All single track through the trees.  Mountain bikers love these
trails and so do I.  My guy never wants to be behind the bikes so once we get
started he wants to bomb so he doesn't have to move over. No problem on the
uphill sections because the bikers are at a crawl.  Had a group ask if they
could go ahead on a uphill section and I said sure, took us about 2 minutes to
catch them and I yelled not fast enough guys lets go and they all laughed.  I
really like having the bikes around if we are riding by ourselves because my
horse loves to have company.  Anyway, the reason I wrote this is because some
friends came with me the other day and they have an appy that they rescued
recently from the killers that at first glance seems to be a special athlete.
He's ~16, 15+ hands, not shod, been standing around someones back yard as far
as they know so we were prepared to just mosey around the inner loop.  He is a
doll.  How he ever ended up as a rescue must be an interesting story.
Perfectly behaved, doesn't care where the other horses are, listens only to the
rider and he is TUFF.  We let him take the lead at his own pace and he powered
around that loop like it was a walk in the park.  Had to ask him to slow down.
So, time will tell if he is one of those.  WOW was all I could say.  Aren't
they something.