Sent: Monday, May 30, 2005 8:53 AM
Subject: [RC] High - Low Syndrome

I am trying to bring back to soundness a horse who had a right front superficial digital flexor meadial branch nearly complete rupture from insertion in March 2002 while "playing" in his pasture.  I did the ultrasound, glucosomine Carol Gillis, DVM, Ph.D. and Mark Christin, DMV, prescribed treatment with egg bar shoing, confinement walking therapy daily for one year and then money and time told me it was get over it or not.  Well, 2005 has arrived  we moved to the mountains and he runs all over the hill and he is semi sound and I am riding him as a trail horse.  I took him on a 25 mile ride as a drag rider and he was semi sound.  I ran on to a shoer  who is also an endurance rider and a very knowledgable rider who said they though it was his shoeing that was causing his gait abnormality.  He was and is alway willing to ride.  So, any thoughts.