Re: [RC] Brand inspections - Truman Prevatt

FL actually checks them at the Suwannee River (and St. Johns in the east). You can't get across the river without getting checked. This means the folks in FL west of the Suwanee don't get the pleasures the rest of us do. That means I can go to a ride in the panhandle and have to go through the ag station. Since I usually get a six month Southeast passport every six months - it's not a problem.

They have ag stations on some pretty small back roads near the river. What one officer told me - if there is a bridge big enough to get a rig across - there is an ag station. There may be a few ways around, but I suspect they might be patroled. But not to worry they are building a few more ag stations out in the panhandle. The real problem for FL is the long border with Alabama and Georgia in the panhandle. On the other hand the only ride I have seen a ag officer show up to check papers was one out on the panhandle.

I suspect Ed is right and FL will require chips before the feds do. They've got the data base set up now so it's just a matter of time.

Truman

Fl does check papers at the port of entries but when
I've gone back roads I've never been checked by anyone
Muleman

--

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." Albert Einstein