Re: [RC] brand inspections - Truman Prevatt

The first time we went out of FL, we read the sign and didn't think it applied to recreational horse use. Wrong. They tracked us down like common criminals. It cost us about an hour that trip. Never made that mistake again. When they were doing work on the I75 Northbound ag station we went through there twice in short a short span. It was closed (Northbound but not Southbound). Would you know it we got stopped both times right over the GA border by the GA ag police to check your paperwork. That's the only time I've been stopped in GA. Ya think they were working together?

Truman

agilbxr@xxxxxxx wrote:

The one time I left florida by myself (ok the first time too!) I had been told I'd have to stop at the Ag stations coming back in. So, on the way home I stopped, walked up to the door and tried to go in, but it was locked. So I peered in the window and knocked, no answer. Waited a couple of minutes, looking around and acting stupid, then got in my truck and left.
At the next entrance onto the freeway, up comes the flashy lighted car who pulled me over. It seems that the dude in the ag station was in the bathroom, and I was supposed to know that and wait for him to reappear. He saw me driving away, and called the other guy, who pulled me over. Luckily the guy who pulled me over was very nice, checked all my paperwork, and sent me on my way. But it was kind of strange experience. You'd think they'd put a sign up or something. "back in a minute, please wait". Oh well, learning experience!
Juli and Alpine (that was coming home from my first LD, I just wanted to get home!)

--

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." Albert Einstein