[RC] The Prince Philip Cup - Tom Sites

The Prince Philip Cup was a perpetual trophy given to the..."National Federation whose competitors have been the most successful in World, Continental, and Regional Championships and Games in all the FEI disciplines during the year.".  The United States won in 1987 and France 1988.  Form that point on it has been associated w/ (in name, not sure if its the same Cup) Childrens Pony and Polo.

Being somewhat inquisitive i wrote HRH Prince Philip and got a response from Sir Brian McGrath, K.C.V.O. and he said..."In 1985, Prince Philip's Presidency (of FEI) came to an end and the FEI asked if the name of The Presidents Trophy could be changed to 'The Prince Philip Trophy' and it was agreed that from 1986 the trophy would be awarded to the NF whose competitors had been most successful in all the FEI disiplines during the year."

Sir McGrath, in his letter was unable to answer any other information concerning my questions.

I contacted FEI, and their response was..."The trophy of "The Prince Philip Cup" is kept and can be seen at the FEI Secretariat."  Knowing that I may be the only person on the planet who thinks if someone of the Princes' stature is treated this way, then what can you expect as the common person?

There is no lack of symbolism FEI is located in Switzerland.

Have a Blessed Day,
tHOUGHTs