[RC] OT: How much do ponies go for? - Allegra C

 I'm forced to sell my 5 yo pony this year.  He has spent his entire life with me, but we simply do not have enough pasture, plus if I move out I can't take 2 horses with me. (I just turned 18.)

  How much are ponies going for?  He is green broke. (I've been hopping up and down off of him for 3 years now,  but I'm a little too big to take him on long rides.) 11 hands, maybe more he has grown several inches since the last time he was measured.  I have ridden him at rides and events, but never on any rides or in any big events. lol.  He is as close to what I'd dare every call an animal bomb proof. You can crawl all over him and he never blinks. He is also very eager to please.  His mum was a GREAT trail pony. Is there any market for ponies for long distance?   His only flaws are he thinks every thing is a cue, so he is always trying to figure out what you mean, and if a dog attacks him it will get hurt. (My mum's pony taught him that...) He is very eager to please, and is always the first to the gate to see you.  He needs a little kid who is stuborn, he is 1/2 haflinger 1/2 trotting pony, and very loving.

  Ok, I'm going on a bit...  So what would a pony like him be worth?

Allegra

* Every disaster is just a new opportunity that got tired of waiting for you to notice it.

Yahoo! Mail