Re: [RC] Another take on the Prineville ride - SandyDSA

This is  a beautiful truth to me. There is far too much suing, blaming, etc going around these days. Life is what it is, and when something goes wrong, it is often simply ....life. Sometimes sadly death. Today could be the beginning of something new and exciting - or the end of all we know. It is no one's fault. In the end, whatever we choose we must be responsible for ourselves and quit blaming others for our choices, and in fact, just live knowing that we are fortunate and blessed to even HAVE today. The loss of a loved one too early, losing a job, and for me, seeing the devastation in Nias and other places, their utter poverty and pain - that is enough for me to take a moment to catch myself in my most SELFISH moments and thank God that even on a pretty messed up shattered ankle, I can still hop on my old horse and go for a peaceful ride, come back, take a shower in my own house, and put a meal on the table for my family that any can't. The rest of the life stuff - the good stuff is icing - the bad stuff is just...life. I hate to see someone - anyone - go down and get hurt. I find it is much easier to feel a real compassion when that person or persons is not busy trying to find someone to hold accountable. How SPECIAL that we CAN take part in such a FUN activity!! WOW!
I must comment on the fact horse riding and handling is or can be a risk hobby but accidents can and will happen, I hope all who had problems heal quickly. Life is a gamble and sometimes things don't always work out. I'm speaking from experience, as my husband is 100% disabled and one of my dearest friends is dying from colon cancer. That is one of the reasons I took up some of the pastimes I have, because nobody can control the future or the world, we just need to enjoy what God has given us that day at that time.