[RC] Another take on the Prineville ride - Ridecamp Guest

Please Reply to: Candi Colson tcolsonsr@xxxxxxx or ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Boy, when I read the posts on the Prineville Ride I wonder if I was in LaLa
land or what?
I was the lady on the Appy mare that was in standing heat the the BLM mustang
followed almost all the way in the LD.
Nikki (my horse) and I decided to ride our own ride alone so we started about 5
minutes after the front runners. We walked on the gravel road to the beginning
of the single track trail, at that point the spacing was good and most of the
riders were at a very controlled pace. After the first single track crosses the
road we picked up a slow trot, about 5miles per hour (I wear a GPS and watch my
speed). I noticed the BLM horse was right behind me at that point. I'm not sure
when he was supposed to have caused a wreck but I know from that point on he
never left my horse and we did the ride together till the end. At no time did
that horse ever display any out of control tendencies. I can't say what
happened in the first 1/4 mile of the ride but I can say what happened the 24
3/4.
I am just suprized that I didn't see or hear anything. I must have really been
in my own world!
I must comment on the fact horse riding and handling is or can be a risk hobby
but accidents can and will happen, I hope all who had problems heal quickly.
Life is a gamble and sometimes things don't always work out. I'm speaking from
experience, as my husband is 100% disabled and one of my dearest friends is
dying from colon cancer. That is one of the reasons I took up some of the
pastimes I have, because nobody can control the future or the world, we just
need to enjoy what God has given us that day at that time.