[RC] BLM horse perspective and attitudes long rant - Barbara Moulton

Glad to see this thread getting around to considering
more issues here than the fact a BLM horse was
involved-( will we get the dreaded pit bull of the
equine world label now? so kind of you not to stop and
help as well) With the new legislation sending
mustangs to slaughter we don't need any more bad
press.  I feel my Little Owyhee mare has been the
victim of mustang biogtry re: indifferent to
deplorable care at boarding barns and with vets and
farriers ( she's just a 125 bucks worth after all) The
retained testicle needs to be taken care of.  In 1972
when I was 14 my grade mare had a surprise foal a
month after I  bought her.  That little  pale boy was
sold as a weanling :-( loved him but not enough money
from babysitting to board 2 and Hobo had barely
reached 14 hands as a five year old when his loving
owner finally paid the extra bucks to go "fishing".
No behavior issues at all just hoping he would finally
grow some if he stayed "whole". He wasn't ever whole
he was abnormal. Within two years of surgery and
gelding he was 16.1 deep golden and awesome. I would
have never recognized him as the same horse. Lots of
stuff is happening when things are not as nature
intended.  If you want that tetesterone PAY the money
and have him surgically descended but don't geld him.
He will probably have fertility issues since he has
lived so long already in this state but you won't be
dealing with any unknown and potentially
harmful/painful complications- this just perpetrates
vets, barn owners, show people, SENATORS! and farriers
assuming mustang owners are cheapskates with cheap
horses.
Barbara and Joy who is spoiled more than the imported
warmbloods the barn owners and everybody else with
something to sell suck up to.  ( I quit keeping track
of what I spend on Joy because it just makes my grown
kids crazy)

Discover Yahoo!