Re: [RC] History on USA WEC Leasing/Sales - John Teeter

the Chef or the NF does not have this powe,r or choose to follow thru on aprocedure that was applied to me in 88.

I think this stipulation is still in place. There is the equivalent of a lease to the USEF which must be completed. I can't recall if it's only for the selected (15 this year) or for those that have nominated though.

johnt

(background -
Of the 15 USEF team members scheduled to go to Florida, Crocket, Sue White-Hedgecok, and Valerie not being there took it down to 4. I don't know the story on Crocket or Val, but Sue felt that, being a long shot in the initial ranking, that she'd better stay home and work for those two months (it being the height of her work year on the ski slopes:)

So there are 12 going to Dubai to represent the US. 6 on the squad for the competition, 3 alternates with horses (they will then compete in the President's cup in Abu Dhabi 2 weeks later), and 3 to crew and be there for the rest of the team. The UAE is paying for 6 horses, 6 riders, 6 grooms, and 1 Chef d' Equip - the rest (3 horses, 6 riders, along with Mary and the USEF press lady, are being payed for by USEF. Of the part that the UAE is paying, that covers the transportation and lodging of 6 horses and grooms (7jan-30jan), and transportation/lodging for 6riders+C'dE (23Jan-30Jan) - everything else (like lodging now for Art et. all. comes from the USEF)

also, I think today is the day that Suzie and ?? will fly to NJ to meet the horses in transit. Monday is the day they fly. Most of the other countries choose to get there earlier with their horses I hear. The US is trying a new tack by arriving in a shorter time b/f the competition - good choice I think:)