[RC] Horse Camp "Moved" & never resurfaced - Vicki Warner

Subject: Re: [RC]    Cuyamaca update, last part

Dawn wrote: Doesn't sound like anyting to get all worked up over to me.  They're saying they are just moving it (merely shifting part of it, actually), so why not give them the benefit of the doubt???

Another outlook:  The horse camp at Dead Horse State Park, AZ was "moved" years ago (over 8 yrs).  It has never re-surfaced except as a "Group" site available to all RV'ers that can only be reserved as a GROUP site. So, if you are lucky and can get a date, a GROUP can camp.  As of the last time I checked (couple months back), there are NO accommodations for individual equestrian campers at this park.  But the RV'ers have ever-increasing very nice camp sites. Oh, yeah, the Group site is now paved.  Horses cannot be tied to trailers and you are supposed to carry your tack to where the minimal existing corrals are. The last ride my husband & I hosted out of the park, we tied horses to the outsides of the corrals.  The local saddle club, many, many years ago had built and put in numerous sturdy pipe corrals.  They had raised funds and through various means along with matching and in-kind matching donations put in a beautiful bathroom with showers and a dish washing station out back ($50,000 many, many years ago) and a covered pavillion, bar-b-que stands and fire rings. A few years back while riding behind a "storage" area, some of the corrals could be seen up-side down in a heap-where they had been "moved to" over 8 yrs ago. As of a couple months ago the "promise" to re-locate the horsecamp has not happened.
Maybe Cuyamuca will be different!  Best wishes, Vicki