[RC] 100 mile rides - Dreamweaver

I suppose I should have explained myself better when I posted the comment about not wanting to do an upcomig 100 because it is sanctioned AERC and FEI together. I didn't intend for it to mean that I won't do a ride that is an FEI 100, because that isn't the case. If Tevis were FEI sanctioned, it would not deter me from doing it. Because, the Tevis is already largely formatted and managed similarly to what the FEI standards are. The reason I'm not attending the ride in question is because I don't think that it's a good combination -- at least, some rides, and FEI are not suitable to be merged together. I know I'm not making any sense, but I do think that the AERC and FEI both need to understand that it does not help either organization when they put rides together that are not suitable for that type of structuring. I'm sure some of you understand. If by virtue of a ride being sanctioned in this country dual FEI it meant that there were certain guaranteed ways the ride was going to be run/managed/marked/whatever -- and it is that way consistently, then that would completely change my feeling towards the whole issue. Till then, you can just call me a woos for not attending the next 100 that is coming up nearest to me. :-) Besides, somebody from the AERC organization needs to stand up to the FEI people and tell them that if we want to feed our horses in the vet line, to butt out. If I'm stuck waiting ten or fifteen minutes in each vet line four or five times in 24 hours and I'm not feeding my horse I'm an idiot. Or at least my horse thinks so!

Karen
in NV