Re: [RC] sleeping in a gooseneck - Glenda R. Snodgrass

On Sun, 9 Jan 2005, Sheryl O wrote:

I have been trailer shopping so reading with interest
the discussion on LQ versus campers.   Since this is
my first trailer, I am going used and definately no
LQ, but was thinking that some of these GN have really
big dressing room/tack rooms that you could sleep in
to stay dry versus the tent.  I just wonder about
water condensation though.  What does it take to
convert that kind of space to be reasonably
comfortable to sleep in?
Sheryl

My first priority when I bought my new GN in June was to insulate, because I had borrowed an uninsulated one a few weeks earlier and it "rained" on me in the night. :) I used the mylar-covered bubble wrap insulation that comes in rolls, very easy to use and fairly inexpensive, for the ceiling and nose, put it up with double-sided carpet tape rated for outdoor use, 7 months later it is still sticking (fingers crossed). For the straight-up walls in the dressing room, I put up styrofoam panel insulation with the same tape. And it definitely eliminated the condensation problem.

I put thin, white plastic sheeting over it all as a temporary measure (used a staple gun to attach it to wooden shim strips that I screwed into the ribs) so I wouldn't have to look at the shiny silver stuff all the time. I eventually want to cover it with something more durable but I haven't decided what, and the plastic sheeting seems to work fine for now.

--
Glenda R. Snodgrass
AERC #M18819