[RC] Dakota truck + Brenderup trailer - Dawn Simas

My Mom had a quadcab Dakota shortbed 4wd too, same as Cheryl Ann described. We used it to pull my 2h Brenderup and you didn't even know the horse trailer was back there, even loaded with two big horses and tack and 4 people. It did great. It had a small V8. This is credit to the Brenderup trailer too. It is only 1500# empty and aerodynamic to not fishtail or sway with a short wheel based truck. These trailers are what they use in Europe/Australia/Asia, lots of horses, no Dodge/Chevy/Fords... I wouldn't have attempted any other 2h trailer with Mom's truck, I think it would have strained and don't know if the brakes and tranny would have lasted.  Only reason she sold it is why Cheryl Ann mentioned, she couldn't put a camper on it as they sit too far back with the short wheel base on a short bed.
Dawn