Re: [RC] Info on South American horses - SandyDSA

Sometimes, just sometimes, defending what is right no matter the cost is...right. That said, YES it IS IMPORTANT, since many of us have for DECADES been breeding, buying, selling and defending the PUREBRED Arabian, not even the NICEST partbred. There are many partbreds who are terrific - and many more who aren't:). But when we are promoting, owning campaigning and breeding purebreds, it does make a difference, and yes, we will avoid those lines. Simply because some horses had slipped in on us in the past does not make it okay to now introduce more horses of impure blood. Having a great system to ID purebreds and discount others makes it even MORE important NOT less to respect the integrity of the breed.  Finally, many of us chose NOT to be a part of WAHO because they first tried to wrest from AHRA a right they did not have - that of determining a horse's status - and second because they used derisive tactics, threatening both AHRA as an organization and the membership as individuals with their position of "kicking AHRA out of WAHO", courtesy of PAHA. As an aside, I think it is not quite right to make this caving choice without the general consent of the members. Just a thought.
--AHA has spent thousands of dollars on this lawsuit to what avail?  Is it really important that some of the descendants of these horses are not 100% pure?  Especially when, BEFORE BLOOD TESTING or DNA,  how many /behind the barn breedings/
more then likely have occurred in the good old U.S.A.??