Re: [RC] did AHA give in or did they have no choice - Becky Huffman

My information on the Akhal Tekes is admittedly second-hand, but it was my
understanding that by the time they realized the problem and cast out the
ones with TB, or too much TB, there weren't enough left to maintain genetic
variability and so the current registrations are based on high-percent AT
blood.  It is my understanding that the remaining registered-purebred ATs
are required to have a particular high-percent of AT blood rather than 100%,
but I haven't studied any individual pedigrees to know how they are
designated.

This is of interest to me because some of the BLUE's I have are the few
remaining members of a tiny subgroup that we are struggling to maintain.

Aren't the ATs one of the rare groups studied by Dr Cothran at the U of Ky?

Becky Huffman, Cleburne, Texas
www.TheOriginalSeries.com

"Of the long years of peace ... there is little tale."
JRR Tolkien, The Silmarillion