Re: [RC] did AHA give in or did they have no choice - Katrina O'Neal

As far as the "giving in" part, I suspect (and this is only my assumption, that's all) that the new AHA president had something to do with it. He seems to want to resolve all this stuff (lawsuits) in order to stop draining the $$$ out of the registry.

But I would like to know more about the particulars of the lawsuit. I breed Akhal Tekes (a rare breed from Turkmenistan) and there is something similar going on with these horses, in that Russia (who holds the parent studbook) cast out certain horses twenty years ago on the grounds they had TB blood in them. The action was rather shady, and news of this didn't reach American till breeders here had used that stock extensively. Now, the American Teke registries are trying to figure out if they should call these horses purebred or what.

Does anybody know more about the lineage of the four horses in dispute and WHY the AHA did not consider them purebreds?

Katrina