Re: [RC] did AHA give in or did they have no choice - Becky Huffman

----- Original Message ----- > horse's mind.  But it sure as shit affects
anyone who wants to label their horses as
purebred Arabians...   Hmmm...  think people breeding Davenport horses
have a bitch here?

I don't breed Davenports, but I do breed BLUE STAR, Al Akhamsa horses and
will speak for them and Davenports, and a few others, but without the bitch.

The *Vast Majority* of 'purebred' Arabian horses registered by AHA have
documented other blood and unknowns.
Only a very low percent (10%????)  of the horses registered can really trace
in all lines to Desert Source, these are your BLUE STAR, Blue List, Al
Khamsa, Davenport and Straight Egyptians, - (apologies, I know I've missed
some of the rarer groups.)

This DOES NOT change the fact that they are wonderful horses who perform and
reproduce according to type.  As far as I know, Arabians are the only breed
with a 'religious' basis.  Every other breed known has a mix of quality
foundation horses who were linebred to produce performance and type, which
is how most breeders outside the Nejd managed their Arabian breeding
programs.  -based on type and performance rather than only blood once they
left the desert. (doesn't that sound familiar?)

But however wonderful those horses are, it doesn't change the fact the most
of them are only 99.9% percent 'purebred' and do not in all lines trace to
the Kuhaylat of Ishmael. - which, honestly, means nothing to most people,
and admittedly, means entirely too much to others.

One of our most beloved ancestors, Skowronek, has documented non-Arab blood
through his dam Jaskolka.
5 times English Thoroughbred
2 times Turkoman
16 times native Polish mares:
Kobyla (5x)
Demianka(2x)
Kwiata(3x)
Woloszka
Milordska
Sawicka
Szejkowska
Anielka
Ilniecka

(Nobility of the Desert by FB Klynstra, translated by K Schmitt and S
Eicher, Olms Presse 1990)

Becky Huffman, Cleburne, Texas
www.TheOriginalSeries.com

"Of the long years of peace ... there is little tale."
JRR Tolkien, The Silmarillion