Re: [RC] did AHA give in or did they have no choice - Truman Prevatt

There seems to be more than one Arabian registry. They also seem to have a different philosophy of what "purebred" means. That seems to be the genesis of the problem. I had a friend who was selling a horse some years back and the sell got caught up in a "boycott" between between registries.

As usual when money and human ego becomes involed the old saying "money talks and suckers walk" takes on new meaning. I'm not sure what difference it will make in the end of the day.

I suspect that back before the days of "bloodtyping" there were some introductions of non pruebreds. Even with bloodtying it is possible. With DNA testing being required today, there is much better control.

Truman

Diane Trefethen wrote:

heidi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

What I want to know is WHY did the AHA refuse to recognize those
stallions as  purebreds in the first place?

Because they weren't purebreds.  They have documented European ancestry
that is other than Arabian.

Okay... so if the stallions in question were CLEARLY PROVEN to not be purebred Arabians, why did the SA interests lobby to put those horses in a purebred stud book? Clearly, duh, they would have to know that if they could succeed in degrading the Registry, SO COULD ANYONE ELSE. Degradation of the Registry hurts ALL breeders who want a closed book.

--

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." Albert Einstein