Re: [RC] [AERCMembersForum] Angie's eating disorder - - Truman Prevatt

Holly cow batman, I've been backpacking for 7 days in the Rockies and ate less than that!

The one thing I must have before a ride is a good breakfast - I mean bacon and eggs. If I get a good breakfast I can go a long time on snacking, nuts, granola, fruit, etc. I do lay off the coffee and tea in the morning. It not so tough getting off a dancing horse and finding a tree - getting back on a dancing horse can be a bear.

A good breakfast and plenty of fluids and nuts, granola, furi, etc. and I'm good to go. However, I did send my crew out for a Big Mac when I got into the 55 mile check at the OD in mayby 94. They of course didn't get back in time, but I had a cold Big Mac at the next check and it tasted great.

Funny thing I never eat Big Macs. I doubt if I'd had more than one before and haven't had another one since.

Truman

staggandcheryl@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

Truman,

You need to find a dietician to help you!

Here's what laid out for drinking at the vet checks on a 100 for the Newman family:

Grapefruit juice, V8 juice, water, multiple flavors of gatorade, coke, and on a cold ride if lucky the crew supplies hot chocolate

And here's a partial list of the food smorgasbord.

Pickled herring, cheerios, oat meal squares cereal, rye crips, wheat thins, Cheryl's special sour cream dip, at least two types of cheeses, chicken, apples, carrots (guess who gets most of those), grapes, pears, nectarines if in season, cantalope, Mom's homemade chocolate chip cookies, raisons, dates, cucumbers, cherry tomotoes, fig newtons, trail mix, power bars (am sure there's more I forgot).

How's your stomach doing Truman?

Before the ride starts I eat lots of cheerios and some grapefruit juice (no coffee - am lucky to make it to first check without finding a tree to pee - a finding a tree with Super dancing at the end of the reins ....

On trail I have a platypus on back (stays with you if the horse does not)
filled with water mixed with gatorade powder at about half strength - BTW the
orange is yuk)
And if offered fruit or snacks on trail like the Western Carolina Arabian club
did at Biltmore I go for it.

On a serious note I am big into high fiber, protein, and keeping sugar levels relatively constant. The chocolate chip cookies are useful for giving to ride management and others.

So it's not just the girls who go for it on the food.

Stagg of the cast iron stomach (who tries hard to lose weight before a ride and then usually finishes a ride heavier than he starts.)

--

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." Albert Einstein