Re: [RC] [AERCMembersForum] Angie's eating disorder - - rdcarrie

Ok, Stagg, I volunteer to come clean up your crew area *after* the ride!  <VBG>  That's when I eat myself into a coma.  About an hour after I'm done, anything that isn't nailed down or under lock and key gets inhaled.  :)  During the ride, however, I eat very little, unless someone puts it into my hand, and even then I'm likely to set it down half eaten.

Dawn in East Texas

-----Original Message-----
From: staggandcheryl@xxxxxxxxxxx
To: AERCMembersForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Fri, 13 May 2005 15:45:52 -0400
Subject: Re: [AERCMembersForum] Angie's eating disorder -

Truman,

You need to find a dietician to help you!

Here's what laid out for drinking at the vet checks on a 100 for the Newman
family:

Grapefruit juice, V8 juice, water, multiple flavors of gatorade, coke, and on a
cold ride if lucky the crew supplies hot chocolate

And here's a partial list of the food smorgasbord.

Pickled herring, cheerios, oat meal squares cereal, rye crips, wheat thins,
Cheryl's special sour cream dip, at least two types of cheeses, chicken, apples,
carrots (guess who gets most of those), grapes, pears, nectarines if in season,
cantalope, Mom's homemade chocolate chip cookies, raisons, dates, cucumbers,
cherry tomotoes, fig newtons, trail mix, power bars (am sure there's more I
forgot).

How's your stomach doing Truman?

Before the ride starts I eat lots of cheerios and some grapefruit juice (no
coffee - am lucky to make it to first check without finding a tree to pee - a
finding a tree with Super dancing at the end of the reins ....

On trail I have a platypus on back (stays with you if the horse does not) filled
with water mixed with gatorade powder at about half strength - BTW the orange is
yuk)
And if offered fruit or snacks on trail like the Western Carolina Arabian club
did at Biltmore I go for it.

On a serious note I am big into high fiber, protein, and keeping sugar levels
relatively constant.  The chocolate chip cookies are useful for giving to ride
management and others.

So it's not just the girls who go for it on the food.

Stagg of the cast iron stomach
(who tries hard to lose weight before a ride and then usually finishes a ride
heavier than he starts.)

> From: Truman Prevatt <tprevatt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> Date: 2005/05/12 Thu PM 06:48:31 EDT
> To: AERCMembersForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Subject: [AERCMembersForum] Angie's eatting disorder - was V8, etc
>
> When I do a ride I can drink just about anything but there are only a
> few things I can eat is fruit. I'm fine with apples, oranges, pares,
> etc. I may be able to keep down granola and of course chocolate. But
> bagles, deli nut bread, pringles, etc. - no way no how.
>
> Girl you must have an eatting disorder ;-) .
>
> Truman
>
> rides2far@xxxxxxxx wrote:
>
> >>Well I am all for the fruit and stuff but that doesn't often happen
> >>unless
> >>we have the vet hold in camp.
> >>

> >Maybe that's my problem. Our holds usually *are* in camp. I am amazed
> >that you people cannot eat during a ride. I can't stop!  Here's what I
> >can remember that I ate Saturday during the 100:
> >
> >Breakfast: oatmeal & coffee.
> >
> >1st check: Turkey & cheese sandwich on the good big deli nut bread.
> >
> >2nd check: Pringles & a couple of packs of fruit snacks
> >
> >3rd check: Peanut butter & banana sandwich, potato chips, fruit snacks,
> >Tostitos...
> >
> >4th check: potato chips, Tostitos, strawberries dipped in a really good
> >dip, Bagel w/cream cheese
> >
> >5th check: Turkey & cheese sandwich, peanut butter crackers
> >
> >(Peanut butter crackers going down the trail on the last 15 miles.
> >
> >I ate far *more* than I eat on a normal day at home. Add to that about
> >1/2 gallon of Cran Grape juice.
> >
> >Lets just say that if I were a horse I'd definately be an "A" on gut
> >sounds!
> >
> >Angie
> >

> --
>
> "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm
> not sure about the former."  Albert Einstein
>

> Yahoo! Groups Links

<FONT COLOR="#000099">Help save the life of a child.  Support St. Jude
Children's Research Hospital's
'Thanks & Giving.'
</FONT><A HREF=""http://us.click.yahoo.com/6iY7fA/5WnJAA/Y3ZIAA/87drlB/TM">http://us.click.yahoo.com/6iY7fA/5WnJAA/Y3ZIAA/87drlB/TM"><B>Click
Here!</B></A>