[RC] Wildlife sightings - info

Way back when I was getting accustomed to trusting my new horse, Sport...

We were going down a dirt road at a good speed and the road crossed a deep culvert with a small deep pool of water (the pool was out of our line of sight).  Just as we started to cross the culvert, a great blue heron took flight from that deep pool down below.

I don't know who was more startled: the bird, the horse or ME.

Sport spooked in place, dead still.
At the same time, the bird was still on course...toward us.
It veered steeply, up and away from Sport's face.
We could hear the air swoosh through the wing feathers.
We could feel the breeze of the wings on our faces, as the bird took flight.

We caught our breath in a moment and went on.

I trust him VERY much, now!

You know, those herons remind me of pterodactyls...they look like flying dinosaurs/lizards!