Re: [RC] Easyboot question and Epic update - Ridecamp Guest

Please Reply to: Kim kim@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx or ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi-

Just thought I would put my .02 worth in here. I have been using the Epics on
my horse for about a month and a half now and have had some problems, but think
I have ironed them out. I had issues w/ the heel strap rubbing too. So I did
what Karen did was cut the strap out. However I did leave the part of the strap
that has the metal prongs w/ cover in. For some reason I feel that these do
serve a purpose. In regards to my rubbing issue I have been using nylon knee
highs and it appears to be working great. Will have to give the vet wrap a try
too. I have my first 50 mile ride in the Epics this coming weekend so am
looking forward to see how they do.

I however, have a question regarding when do you know it's time to totally
replace the easyboot? I know they are suppose to outlast metal shoes like 3to1.
Right now I have a set of boots (front boots only) that probably have about 150
miles on them and they seem like they need to be replaced. When I look at the
sole of the boot they still have tread left. But the way the boot is made, they
have the lines across some sections for traction. On my boots I would say the
traction is almost gone. I'm guessing I could probably get another 50 miles on
them but that's about it. How do other people determine when it's time to
replace the boots, and what is the average amount of miles people get on the
boots?

Thanks
Kim