[RC] Draggin' at Biltmore - rides2far

Yesterday I posted and told the story of Kara Disbrow being dragged by
her horse. Well, I had the "through the grapevine" version, but here it
is from the horse's mouth...slightly different but just as hair raising.
Kara can't figure out how to post since she gets the digest and has had
several hard blows to the head through the years so I got her permission
to forward this. :-)  Her address is: Katwman1ataol.com if anyone would
like to discuss the details. >g<

Angie

snip<
OK, first off, my last name is Disbrow, not Drisbrow.  Pretty close tho.
I can live with that.
And my foot did not actually go thru the stirrup.  The problem was the
way Jamie fell.  We were going around a curve to the right.  Her feet
slipped out on her and she fell on her right side, and on my right leg.
That made it so I could not get up, had to wait for her to get up first.
I did not realize that my left foot was still in the stirrup.  So when
she stood up, I was hanging by my left foot, off her right side.  See?
My foot got wedged against the saddle in the stirrup, best as I could
tell.  I have a bruise on my big toe, and my foot is swollen all along
the top, from the pressure.  Just one of those fluke things.  I hope so
anyway, cause I really do not want to do that again!

Went to an orthopedic doctor today.  It is actually a shoulder
separation, grade 3.  That is as bad as it can get.  Or is it?  He said
the ligaments are GONE.  The shoulder is floating.  I have no
limitations, as long as I can stand the pain (haha), cause I have hurt it
as bad as I can :-)  He said they can do surgery, but he did not
necessarily recommend it.  THEN I would have some serious restrictions!
No riding, no nothing, forever, best as I remember.  That would suck.  So
I might just be at the Rendezvous with Destiny ride with the Goob!  OH,
when I told the Dr what happened, I told him that I got it taped up, and
I finished riding another 40 miles.  He shook my hand ;-)

P.S. You could have also mentioned that I was still 19th out of over 100
horses, haha.
See ya soon,
Kamikaze Kara